What is a kelp? Is this the first time you have heard of this word? If not, do you know what it is and the any health benefits it holds?
Kelp is from the seaweed family particularly the Laminariales. It grows in underwater sea forest but in shallow areas of the ocean. Aside from it growing easily and in abundance under the ocean floor, it also has many health benefits when consumed namely:
- Contains vitamins and minerals like Vitamin B which helps in cellular metabolism, giving your body energy
- It also has Vitamins C and E which are good for blood vessels’ health and high in antioxidants
- It provides calcium, boron and magnesium which keeps our bones healthy and provide good muscle function
- It has high iodine properties that help prevent goiter
- It has chlorophyll which helps production of red blood cells and provides oxygenation in the body